Are you someone who has keen attention to detail and a proven track record for improving processes? Do you enjoy working with systems & people just as much as numbers? Are you a tenacious troubleshooter able to work through problems to get to the source and resolve? At CTC, we strive for continuous improvement in our regular activities and in meeting our long-term objectives. We are a fast-paced innovative trading company looking for an Assistant Controller to help us strengthen our financial reporting with your ideas and execution. The successful candidate will have equally strong accounting, people and systems skills. You will be challenged in this role. And if you enjoy improving processes and working with others to bring ideas to fruition then this could be the job for you.
- Direct ownership of accounting information and regulatory reporting for Hong Kong entity
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures that improve the timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of financial data
- Subject matter expect in accounting processes and analyzing data to ensure accruals are appropriate, accurate, and timely, including trading p&l
- Understand various 3rd party applications that integrate with accounting software including market data and procurement systems and learn admin functions
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure significant information is well understood and financial data flows to the general ledger properly
- Train and mentor other team members in the Accounting department
- Support preparation of financial statements for CTC entities that are subject to an annual audit
- Develop, lead, and support process improvement initiatives, systems implementations, and upgrades to existing systems
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar financial field, CPA preferred
- Progressive accounting experience increasing in responsibility and scope of work
- Accounting systems experience in implementations and systems administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to document processes and communicate with all levels of management and external vendors
- Strong Excel skills including working with pivot tables and reading macros
- SQL or other programming languages a plus
Who we are
We help the world price and manage risk. We strive to be the most creative firm in the industry. Our fun culture inspires us to solve hard problems and take smart risks together.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.