Are you a natural leader who is motivated, self-disciplined, assertive and goal oriented? Do you possess that rare combination of project management, technology, and trading industry experience? Do you love collaborating with others to solve tough problems? Do you crave being involved in initiatives that have meaningful impact on the future of an organization?
As a project manager, you will be asked to participate in a wide range of technology projects and will be responsible for leading the project from initiation through project completion. This position is part of the Project Management Office at CTC whose primary function is project planning and execution. As such, you will have exposure to the technology that is needed to power the firm's trading systems.
- Work with teams to scope, plan and execute technology projects.
- Maintain project alignment throughout the project lifecycle, managing scope, resources, and time.
- Manage scope documents, requirements, project costs, and timelines for technology projects.
- Collaborate with technology partners in the planning and management of projects including tracking all issues, risks, and dependencies.
- Facilitate the coordination of activities between teams within Technology.
- Hold themselves as well as teams accountable for ownership and
- Facilitate communication amongst a multi-functional team from start to finish, closing every gap and keeping every team focused on the goals.
- Translate problems and solutions and present them in a manner that enables larger technical audiences to have a common understanding of the project status, risks, and plans.
- Excellent verbal, visual, written and listening skills.
- Dedicated and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to mediate technical discussions.
- Ability to build positive relationships that foster trust and motivation.
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by managing multiple priorities/projects.
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects in parallel with the ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to respond positively and productively to uncertainty, rapid change, ambiguity, and unexpected issues in the project process.
- Ability to thrive within a matrix organization.
- Ability to follow Best Practices.
- 5+ years of software development or an equivalent technical role.
- 3+ years of financial trading industry experience.
- 3+ years leading projects that included software and infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite including Visio.
- Bachelor degree in a Technology/Management Information Systems or equivalent field preferred.
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.